jovac ibd – d78
Freeze dried live attenuated Infectious Bursal Disease
Virus strain D78 Vaccine
Gumboro disease is caused by a small virus called Birnavirus (Birnaviridae), when the disease occurs, it destroys the birds’ immune system and subsequent secondary disease condition occur such as E. Coli infection, gangrenous dermatitis etc.
Control of the disease is by strict biosecurity, disinfectant and vaccination by appropriate vaccine and time of vaccination.
Vials of 1000doses.
Jovac IBD is indicated for prevention of poultry against infectious bursal disease (Gumboro).
Each dose contains a minimum of 103.5TCID50 of freeze dried live attenuated Infectious Bursal Disease Virus (Gumboro) vaccine prepared from the reference strain D78.
• DOSAGE & ROUTE OF ADMINISTRATION
The immune response of birds depends on the level of maternal antibodies, the type of filed virus strain present in the environment and on the ability of the vaccine strain to break through the maternal immunity. Most chicks carry maternal antibodies to Gumboro disease virus vaccine, so that time of vaccination depends on maternal derived antibodies measured by ELISA according to Deventer formula. Generally it is advisable to vaccinate between 12-14 days of age.
- Oral route via drinking water:
– Reconstitute the vaccine with cool pure drinking water, free of antiseptics; adding to its powdered skimmed milk (2 g/L) to stabilize the vaccine’s activity.
– The drinking water temperature containing the vaccine must not exceed 15-20 °C.
– It is advisable to deprive the birds of water 1-2 hours prior to vaccination.
– The vaccine should be given in the early morning or the cool period on a hot day.
– The vaccine should be diluted in adequate quantity of final drinking water in order be consumed within one to two hours after dissolving the vaccine in water according to age of the birds and climatic conditions as follows:
|2-3 weeks of age||Dilute 1000 doses in 10 liters|
|7 weeks of age||Dilute 1000 doses in 20 liters|
|14 weeks of age and older||Dilute 1000 doses in 40 liters|
Do not vaccinate sick and/or under stress animals.
• WITHDRAWAL PERIOD
• SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS
- Deprive birds of drinking water 1-2 hours before vaccination.
- Apply usual aseptic procedures.
- Use only clean, antiseptic or disinfectant-free materials for the preparation of the vaccine solution.
- Unused opened vaccine and waste material should be decontaminated with suitable disinfectants (phenolics, idophores or formal aldehydes) at the recommended concentration.
• STORAGE & SHELF LIFE
- Store between +2 °C to +8 °C, in the dark.
- The vaccine remains stable for 2 years from production date stated on the label under the recommended storage conditions.
FOR VETERINARY USE ONLY.